Base Module for Experiments in Fluid Mechanics
The Series of devices permits a varied experimental cross-section in the fundamentals of fluid mechanics. The base module provides the basic equipment for individual experiments:
the supply of water in the closed circuit; the determination of volumetric flow rate and the positioning of the experimental unit on the working surface of the base module and the collection of dripping water.
The closed water circuit consists of the underlying storage tank with a powerful immersion pump and the measuring tank arranged above, in which the returning water is collected.
The measuring tank is stepped, for larger and smaller volumetric flow rates. A measuring beaker is used for very small volumetric flow rates. The volumetric flow rates are measured using a stopwatch.
The top work surface enables the various experimental units to be easily and safely positioned. A small flume is integrated in the work surface, in which experiments with weirs are conducted.
1. Base module for supplying experimental units in fluid mechanics
2. Closed water circuit with storage tank, immersion pump and measuring tank
3. Measuring tank divided in two for volumetric flow rate measurements
4. Measuring beaker with scale for very small volumetric flow rates
5. Measurement of volumetric flow rates by using a stopwatch
6. Work surface with integrated flume for experiments with weirs
7. Work surface with inside edge for safe placement of the accessory and for collecting the dripping water
8. Storage tank, measuring tank and work surface made of GRP
- power consumption: 550W
- max. flow rate: 230L/min
- max. head: 11m
Storage tank, contents: 180L
- at large volumetric flow rates: 40L
- at small volumetric flow rates: 10L
- LxWxH: 530x150x180mm
Measuring beaker with scale for very small volumetric flow rates
- content: 2L
- measuring range: 0…9h 59min 59sec
Dimensions and Weight
Weight: approx. 82kg
Required for Operation
230V, 50/60Hz, 1 phase or 120V, 60Hz/CSA, 1 phase