The unit is used to demonstrate flow over weirs and the streamlines around different drag models. A flow straightener at the inlet ensures low turbulence flow. Ink is injected into the flowing water using fine nozzles to visualise the flow patterns around the various models. 6 easy to interchange weirs and drag bodies can be placed in the channel. The height of the water in the channel can be regulated by adjusting the outlet orifice.
The water supply is provided either from the laboratory mains or using the (closed water circuit).
Learning Objectives / Experiments
· Effect of different shaped weirs on the flow
· Streamlines around various bodies
1. Miniature flow channel for operation.
2. l x b x h 900x640x800mm, approx. 35kg
3. Working area l x w x h 625x20x150mm, made of transparent material
4. 6 different bodies and weirs
5. Ink contrast producing medium, 7 nozzles
Bodies: small cylinder, large cylinder, streamlined body, wing section, sharp edged weir, wide crested weir
Capacity of the feed tank: 12.5ltr
Dimensions and Weight
l x w x h : l x w x h : 900 x 640 x 800 mm
Weight : approx. 35 kg