|Heat Transfer In Agitated Vessel (Code -
Heat Transfer In Agitated Vessel
In most industrial processes including reactors, heat is to be added
or extracted to control the process. The addition and removal of heat is
done by passing steam in jacket fitted to the outside of the vessel or
passing cold. Water in helical coil inside the vessel. For effective
heat transfer and even distribution of heat, the liquid inside is
continuously agitated. The present set-up offers us. A comparative study
of Jacket & Helical coil, which can be operated simultaneously. It
is a stainless steel jacketed vessel inside which, a helical coil of
copper is fitted. A variable speed stirrer is fitted in vessel. The
system is such designed that either steam or water is allowed to enter
inside anyone of the jacket and helical coil by an arrangement of
control valves. Variation in temperature of inside water is measured and
is noted. Set-up is fitted with steam traps for condensate collection.
Flow rate of water can be controlled and measured using valve and
Rotameter. Temperature of inlet and outlet of both hot & cold fluids
are measured by temperature sensors.
- To determine the overall heat transfer co-efficient for various degree of agitation
- To make a comparative study of Heat Transfer through Jacket & Coil in an agitated vessel
- Water supply 20 lit/min (approx.) and Drain.
- Electricity Supply: 1 Phase, 220 V AC, 5.kW.
- Floor area of 1.5m x 1.5m