Hydrogen Bubble Flow Visualisation System
A compact, bench mounted, self- contained unit used for flow visualisation studies using water as the working fluid.
The unit comprises a flow tank incorporating the working section and pumped recirculation system, plus a separate electronic control console.
A low voltage variable speed pump with a unique fluid-drive unit is located under the working section.
The electronic control console incorporates manual controls and a 4 line, 20 digit LCD that displays the relevant operating parameters.
Flow patterns in the water are indicated by small hydrogen bubbles that are generated by an interchangeable fine platinum/ iridium wire cathode.
A low voltage light source illuminates the hydrogen bubbles in the working section.
Flow visualisation studies can be carried out using plain tap water without the need for additives.
Optional camera mount allows still camera, video camera or web-cam
(not supplied) to record the flow patterns.
The following models, supplied for flow visualization studies, are made of clear polished acrylic and supplied in a protective container:
- One pair 330mm long straight guides
- One pair spacer blocks for straight guides (grey PVC)
- One pair blocks with radiused ends
- Four cylinders 6mm, 12mm, 19mm and 25mm diameter
- One aerofoil section
- One flat plate with radiused end
- One rectangular block 70mm x 40mm x 25mm
- One curved plate
- A toolkit is supplied
- A user instruction manual provides installation, commissioning, maintenance data, experimental information and suggested flow visualisation demonstrations.
Pulse generator: 3 to 2500 mS
on and off periods
Light source: 12 high intensity LEDs
Cathodes: 35, 50
and 75mm lengths
Flow table capacity: 20 litres (nominal)
Current generator range: 0 to 100mA
Working section: length: 425mm
- See more at: http://www.aticoexport.com/products/hydrogen-bubble-flow-visualisation-system/#sthash.zKTpHumH.dpuf