|Parallel and Counter Flow Heat Exchanger (Code -
Parallel and Counter Flow Heat Exchanger
Heat exchanger is devices in which heat is transferred from one fluid
to another. The apparatus consists of a concentric tube heat exchanger.
Hot water flows through inner tube in one direction only and cold water
flows over the inner tube in outer tube. Direction of cold fluid flow
can be changed from parallel or counter to hot water so that unit can be
operated as parallel or counter flow heat exchanger. Flow rates of hot
and cold water are measured using Rotameters. A magnetic drive pump is
used to circulate the hot water from a re-cycled type water tank, which
is fitted with heaters and Digital Temperature Controller.
- To calculate the following parameters both for parallel and Counter flow arrangement.
- To find the rate of heat transfer
- To calculate the LMTD Overall heat transfer co-efficient.
- To compare the performance of Parallel and Counter flow heat exchanger
- Water supply 10 lit/min (approx.) and drain
- Electricity Supply: 1Phase, 220 V AC, 3 kW
- Floor area 2 m x 0.6m