Ships Stability Apparatus
Apparatus designed to enable students to study ship hydrostatics and stability.
Supply includes a water tank, a floating ship model, a dynamometer and a clinometer.
The model supplied is a 1/70 scale model of a 28000 tonne general cargo vessel.
- It includes a number of transverse watertight bulkheads in representation positions.
- The compartments are fitted with individual flooding valves.
- The model is constructed of glass reinforced plastic (GRP).
- Models of other ships are available as optional accessories.
The dynamometer measures the righting moment of the model.
- It holds the model at any angle of heel within the range, with the model either free to trim or with heeling axis kept horizontal.
- It exerts no vertical force on the model.
- It is floor standing, with castors and is supplied complete with counterweights.
Battery powered clinometer measures the inclination of the model, over the range of 0 to 45 degrees.